17.8.09

we were only kids

oh, the joy of preparing for parties...



i attempted making jello shots for the first time today. i've had them elsewhere, and loved them. so i'm thinking, since i'm having my super belated birthday party tonight (my birthday was in april... but i wanted to have a pool party.) i would do some!
i have a soccer game at nine, so i figured my friends could go watch, then come back to my place, and we'll drink/swim the night away! (we'll be careful, don't you worry!) i love swimming at night, have you ever tried?
don't worry, there's a story behind this. my jello shots didn't turn out as beautiful as the ones in the picturem i'm afraid to say... firstly, making them in paper shot glasses is easier, and these seem to be nowhere to be found. secondly, i couldn't find any plastic ones either. so, my solution? you know the paper you put cupcakes in...




courtesy.

well, that's what i put the jello mixture in. and we didn't have any nicely colored ones either... so they're in christmas paper. bright green with red on it. oh yes, mature, isn't it!
now, i just tried one, and they're very hard to eat... so i think what i'm going to do is just leave the jello mix in big bowls, and we can spoon it out as we please! classy, i know.

i just finished making the icing for the cake, and soon my mom and i will make the gluten free birthday cake! it's much too hot today to cook, though, i must say. i'm boiling just sitting here!
anyways, i hope everyone has a lovely monday!

xxo.

p.s. thank you to everyone who commented on the header, it means a lot to me and really helped me out!

3 comments:

  1. ohhh jello shots - i'm sure everyone has a story that involves jello shots. hope you had a wonderful party nontheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday dear!
    Jello shots or not I know you'd have a fabulous time! oooh the weather has been hot here as well...can't wait for cooler season to arrive~

    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to you! I love jello shots... and I remember the first time I made them it didn't go quite as smoothly as I had hoped. Try again... but I give you lots of creative points for using cupcake liners!

    ReplyDelete