15.8.09

tell me your secrets, child

i just realized that i never wrote about having my fortune told! (by the way, what's up with the word realized? is it realized or realised? i always thought it was realised, but on my phone, realised doesn't seem to exist! on realized does. how strange. what do you think?) moving on...
so we decided to get our fortunes told quite in the heat of the moment.


courtesy.

my mom, my sister and i were walking around rockport, in gloucester, and walked by this little place that we noticed had ' fortune telling ' in the window. we mentioned how we'd never had our fortunes told, and decided to do it!

we went in age order. my mom first. my sister and i waited outside. we decided that having your fortune told is very personal, and if my mom wanted us to know, she could tell us herself.

next my sister went. and finally, so did i.

i was terrified, sweating palms, fidgety, heart racing. since i'd never had my fortune told, i didn't know what to expect. i didn't know whether or not she'd bring up dark secrets from my past, or tell me that i was going to die a tragic death. in the end, though, i had nothing to worry about.

from what i remember, (i did write it down, but i'm not sure where i put the paper... this is an example of trying to help my forgetfulness, and it failing...) i'm going to live a long life and die of old age, have a good education (but will need to work really hard... college starts in less than two weeks. i'm ready!) and have a good career. she said that i would be really heartbroken twice, and then fall in love and get married in my late twenties. oh, and i'll have two kids. apparently, none of my family or friends are going to die a tragic death. and, according to her, i have two spirits (or presences) surrounding me, protecting me. she didn't tell me who they were, but i think i've figured it out.

and that's pretty much it!

what do you think of fortune telling? full of truth or full of treason?

i'm still undecided about fortune telling. but we'll see, won't we?

xxo.

p.s. the rumours you hear about 'gypsies' or 'fortune tellers' being very creepy? so not true. she was a very nice woman. i really liked her!

1 comment:

  1. I've always spelled it realized.
    Fortune telling...something I've always wanted to do, but never really had the opportunity to have mine done. Glad you got a good response. :)

    Oh, and good luck at college!

    ReplyDelete