12.8.09

i'm a survivor

a lot of people see soccer as a pointless sport. chasing a ball and trying to kick it into a net. but for those who play, it's a passion. not just a way of excersize, but a way of proving oneself.


courtesy.

i don't know why, but when i first walk onto the field, i feel like i can conquer the world... soccer cleats and all. when playing, as pointless as it may be to try to get the ball in the net, it's a goal that i put my heart and soul into.
i had a game last night (we're in the semi finals). it was slightly stressful beforehand; not only we're we playing the best team that we've never beat before, but my sister had borrowed my cleats and forgot to bring them home. the alternative? my brothers cleats.
he is two years older than me, and i had trouble just walking around the house wearing the cleats.
the weirdest thing? i played one of the best games of my life. my coach moves me between forward, midfield, and sometimes defense. i'm the all-around girl, and i'm a runner. last night, i made an assist, and almost scored 4 times. they were so close!
i just thought i would share my passion for soccer with you.

courtesy.

are you passionate about anything?

xxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment